APPLE OATS SMOOTHIE
Hope you all are doing good. I would like to thank you all for all your kind words through mail and instagram DMs.
Continuing my oats recipe here i come up with another really healthy breakfast recipe which involves both oats and apple. This is also inspired from padhuskitchen with small variations.
We all are aware how nutritious are both these key ingredients. Both are rich in antioxidants and are good source of dietary fiber. Apple on one hand helps reduce the risk of cancer, hypertension whereas oats helps reduce the risk of cholesterol and heart disease.
This is smoothie makes you feel full so that you can streamline the calorie intake throughout the day.
Lets get started...
- Apple - 1 fruit
- Oats - 1/2 cup
- Water -1 cup
- Honey/Agave - 2 Tbsp ( optional)
- Cinnamon - A fat pinch
- Microwave oats with water or milk for 3 minutes or cook on a stove top until oats is well cooked and is soft.
- Meanwhile, wash, peel and chop the apple.
- In a blender add chopped apples and cooked oats and if necessary add agave or honey for sweetness and add cinnamon.
- Blend very well in a pouring consistency.
- Garnish with apple chunks and cinnamon.
- If apple is sweet enough it is advised to avoid additional sweetening agent.
- One can also add nuts as a garnish and enjoy chunks in your mouth.