THE CONNECTION!

Hi everyone,
         Hope you all are doing well.This is not a regular recipe or food review post.This is about the very close friend of ours( almost), the connection of our lives, which helps us to connect with our loved ones and at times disconnect as well.
          I am sure by this time you would have an idea about what i am talking.

                             PHONES/TECHNOLOGY

         When i was in my college, I was away from my parents. That's when i understood life without mobile phones would have been so difficult.Communication is so much sorted with this small device.
Later, when I got engaged- Phone calls, Skype and Whatsapp almost diminished the distance between Delhi and Mumbai. After our marriage, when i shifted to Mumbai with my extended family i could speak to my parents and friends everyday through video which again made me feel world feels so small with this technology. Technology brings people across the globe so much closer.
         
And then we shifted to the USA. Yet again i felt so much close to my family and my extended family.
We spoke everyday, virtual tour of our home, celebrating the festivals with each other virtually, doing namaskarams ( way of seeking blessings) virtually - all that was so exciting and satisfactory.It made us feel home away from home.

Talking about my extended family- We are a family of 12 living under the same roof.

I generally do not emphasis on the "living under the same roof" phrase, as for me, if it is a joint family you must be living together. But, every time i tell people we live in a joint family, the questions that pop are: 
1) You all live under the same roof?
2) You all cook together in the same kitchen?
3) Do you have enough privacy?
4) Are you able to live and adjust in a joint family being a girl of this generation?
               My answer to all the questions IS a YES.
I actually was surprised hearing such questions which were asked. people were equally surprised listening to my answer or i must say disappointed. I don't know.
      
Anyways, coming back to our topic. Last night on the dinner table there was something i realized or noticed which was though common but was a little shocking. Both me and Anand ( Mr.Aishwarya) were busy with our respective phones, checking out random videos, posts on Instagram. You must be wondering what is so shocking in this.
I usually wait for Anand for dinner as that is the only meal during weekdays which we have together. But why do i wait- to check the phone?
There was no conversation on the table. Now, even though this doesn't happen daily but still why should happen even a single day?- is what came to my mind. Is it that we don't have anything to talk about? 
I am pretty sure many of you reading this would be relating to what am saying.

What is the solution?

Keep a distance from it when we are together. This not just is applicable for husband and wife, but also with others in the family and with friends. In such a busy world we hardly find time to meet each other in person, why spoil that with a phone. Phone takes the blame for our mistake. 
My point is lets give it a chance. 
All the readers who relate to such situation and feel what i say is correct, lets start doing it for one week - while meal. What say?

NO PHONE AND LAPTOP DURING MEALS TOGETHER!


Would love to hear your views and thoughts about this. Do leave back a comment and leave a valuable feedback :)

Until then,, Byee!
 

Comments

  1. Well said Aishu!
    Yes , mobile phones have kept our friends , family and world at large close by but we are no longer its master but it's victim.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts